Join the Group!
If you are:
A parent of a school-aged child diagnosed or suspected of having ADHD and you are:
- Struggling to understand why your child with ADHD behaves the way they do.
- Facing roadblocks with the school system such as an unhappy child, frequent phone calls home, disappointing report cards, and peer conflict.
- Managing challenging behaviours, stress, and feelings of overwhelm in the home.
Then this program is a great fit for you!
As a collaborative small group we will dive into:
- Developing a deep understanding of the ADHD brain.
- How to navigate, advocate, and support learning within the school system.
- Strategies and Structures to create calm in the home, manage anxiety, and strengthen relationships.
Group Program Snapshot
Each group session will explore one of the modules below. We will learn together by exploring module content, but also by engaging together and problem solving situations brought to the group by each family.
Week 1 - Brain Basics
Brain Basics: We will take a deep dive into the ADHD brain and what this means for understanding, empathy, and creating supports.
Week 2 - School Struggles
School Struggles: We will explore navigating the school system, how to best advocate for your child, and how to teach your child to advocate for themselves.
Week 3 - Creating Calm
Creating Calm: We will dig into strategies and structures that support the ADHD brain and calm down the nervous system.
Week 4 - Negative Thinking
Negative Thinking: We will explore strategies and tools to counteract negative self talk, obsessive thinking, and low self-esteem.
Week 5 - Relationships
Relationships: We will consider home based strategies for supporting sibling relationships and parent child relationships. This will be followed by strategies and tools to support your child as they pursue and maintain social relationships.